Our Floating Support team provides a range of free services to women in their own home or in a safe place in the community at a time that suits you.
We offer safe, confidential and non-judgemental support for you, whether you are still in your relationship or have left. Not everyone wants to stay in refuges, but you can still get support if planning to leave an abusive relationship or help with safer coping strategies to stay. You may also want support with legal issues, housing advice, and benefits help etc.
The North Down and Ards Women’s Aid floating support service includes:
- someone to talk to
- one-to-one support in a safe place
- safety planning
- housing advice
- money management advice
- temporary accommodation if required
- information on your rights
- accompaniment to solicitors and court
- access to training and education
- sign posting to other support agencies
- flexible times
- childcare for appointments at our Advice Centre (subject to availability).
After being to Women’s Aid, everything began to become so much easier. I didn’t feel so helpless and alone as before. Even just speaking and being helped along the way helped me and my family a great deal. Our lives have now been transformed so much for the better now with all thanks to Women’s Aid. Floating Support User