Receptionist (with admin duties)
We are recruiting a Receptionist (with admin duties) and this post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Working Hours: 14 hours per week over 4 mornings – Monday to Thursday (9.30am – 1pm)
Annual Leave: 25 days per year rising to 30 days per year (pro rata) plus public holidays.
Pension: 4% employee contribution and 8% employer contribution
To provide an efficient and effective reception service with admin duties
- Respect confidentiality at all times and uphold the ethos and core values of North Down and Ards Women’s Aid.
- Provision of a professional meet and greet / reception service, including answering phone calls from women in distress and providing initial support for in-person callers to the Centre.
- Provision of regular support/covering staffing requirements in Refuge as required – there are occasions when this post holder will have to attend to the refuge to give support.
- Ensuring up to date and accurate records are kept in accordance with data protection.
- At least 2 years’ recent experience of providing receptionist support.
- Experience of call handling, meeting and greeting.
- A flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Word and Excel proficient
- An understanding of/empathy with women and children who have experience domestic and sexual abuse.
- GCSE Mathematics grade A –C/Essential Skills (or equivalent).
- GCSE English grade A – C/Essential Skills (or equivalent).
- IT qualification ie ECDL, Microsoft Office Diploma, GCSE or equivalent certificate or demonstrable experience.
- Be able and willing to work flexibly on occasions and to attend Monday afternoon team meetings once a month.
- Legally entitled to work in the UK.
- Able to meet Enhanced Access NI requirements.
The closing date is 12pm on Monday 6th August 2018.
If you have any problems downloading the application pack, please contact us.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
In order to comply with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (Northern Ireland) Order 2007, North Down & Ards Women’s Aid are required to explore the successful candidate’s suitability to work with vulnerable adults and children through ACCESS NI pre-employment screening.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.