Receptionist (with admin duties)
We are recruiting a Receptionist (with admin duties) and this post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Salary: £7.73 per hour, rising to £7.83 per hour from April 2018. This post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Working Hours: 14 hours per week over 4 mornings – Monday to Thursday (9.30am – 1pm); term time hours will be considered.
Annual Leave: 25 days per year (pro rata) plus public holidays.
Pension:: 4% employee contribution and 8% employer contribution
Key Responsibilities – To provide an efficient and effective reception service with admin duties
- Respect confidentiality at all times and uphold the ethos and core values of North Down and Ards Women’s Aid.
- Provision of a professional meet and greet / reception service, including answering phone calls from women in distress and providing initial support for in-person callers to the Centre.
- Provision of regular support/covering staffing requirements in Refuge as required – there are occasions when this post holder will have to attend to the refuge to give support.
- Ensuring up to date and accurate records are kept in accordance with data protection.
- At least 2 years’ recent experience of providing receptionist support.
- Experience of call handling, meeting and greeting.
- A flexible and adaptable ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Word and Excel proficient
- An understanding of/empathy with women and children who have experience domestic and sexual abuse.
- GCSE Mathematics grade A – C/Essential Skills (or equivalent).
- GCSE English grade A – C/Essential Skills (or equivalent).
- IT qualification ie ECDL, Microsoft Office Diploma, GCSE or equivalent certificate or demonstrable experience.
- Be able and willing to work flexibly on occasions and to attend Monday afternoon team meetings once a month.
- Legally entitled to work in the UK.
- Able to meet Enhanced Access NI requirements.
The closing date is 12pm Tuesday 6 February 2018.
If you have any problems downloading the application pack, please contact us.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (2e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.