Job: Floating Support Worker – 20hrs per week
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
We are recruiting a Floating Support Worker and this post is subject to continued Supporting People funding.
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday – 4 hrs per day (mornings). Flexibility is required for occasional afternoon and evening work.
Salary: £17,333 per annum pro rata (£9,370.40 per annum – 20 hrs p/w, £9.01 per hour)
Holidays: 25 days (rising to 30 days per annum) & public holidays
Pension: 4% employee/8% employer contribution pension scheme.
Location: Ards and North Down Borough Area
Summary of Post
The role of the Floating Support Worker will be to assist women, who live in the community and are experiencing domestic and sexual abuse, to ensure their own safety and maintain their independence by providing them with a range of support services This post is funded by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive as part of the Supporting People programme and will be based at the Bangor Centre.
Applicants should have
- Recent relevant experience of working in Floating Support or support environment.
- Recent relevant experience of working with statutory agencies/community or voluntary agencies.
- IT skills – experience of record keeping with excel, word and database.
- The ability to prioritise own work load and work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of and commitment to women’s issues particularly in the area of domestic and sexual abuse.
- An understanding of the causes and effects of domestic and sexual abuse including the legislative framework of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard of education.
- QCF Level 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent (NVQ Level 3 etc) or a recognised counselling qualification.
The closing date is 12pm on Monday 12th November 2018
If you have any problems downloading the application pack, please contact us.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (2e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.