Children and Young Person’s Worker
We are recruiting a Children and Young Person’s Worker. This post is funded by the South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust and subject to continued funding.
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday (including early evening hours and bank holidays). Flexibility is required at times for occasional weekend work.
Salary: £17,450.68 per annum
Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave plus public holidays (increasing to 30 with length of service)
Pension: 4% employee, 8% employer contribution
Summary of Post
- To enable children and young people who have experienced domestic and sexual violence to access safety and support and to address the impact of domestic violence upon their lives and make informed choices about their future.
- To deliver crèche/playroom sessions in Refuge.
- To assist with daily creche /playroom sessions in the Resource Centre and local community settings.
- Work alongside all NDA Women’s Aid project teams to identify and respond to the needs of children and young people with the appropriate support.
- To be flexible to work between the Refuge Setting and Resource Centre on a daily basis.
- Prepare risk assessments for child-based activities in Centre, Refuge and local community settings.
- To deliver the Family Art Workshop programme to children aged 4-17 years.
Applicants should have
- Recent experience (within the last 5 years) of delivering childcare, meeting the emotional, recreational and educational needs of a wide age range of children living in a residential setting and/or a community setting.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Childcare or BTEC National Diploma Early Years or equivalent.
The closing date is 12pm on Monday 10th January 2022.
If you have any problems downloading the application pack, please contact us.
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women and children, the lawful recruitment of females for this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (2e) of the Sex Discrimination (N.I.) Order 1976.
North Down & Ards Women’s is an Equal Opportunities Employer.