Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
DIRECT REPORTS: North Down & Ards Women’s Aid staff
LOCATION: Bangor, Co. Down, with travel.
We are a not-for-profit organisation who combine the skills, experience and passion of our Board, staff and volunteers to keep women and children affected by domestic abuse safe. We do this through the development and delivery of a wide range of services, to the local community, including floating support, children’s services, and refuge. Our services are delivered through a multi-disciplinary team of 15 full and part-time staff. The CEO will lead the team of staff supported by the Board of Directors.
The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for the overall strategic direction, leadership and development of North Down & Ards Women’s Aid (NDAWA) and the achievement of the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Lead and implement the strategic vision.
- Uphold the key values of NDAWA, placing the survivor at the heart of all activities.
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with member organisations and the full range of key stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcomes for member services which support women and children living with, escaping and recovering from domestic abuse. Find and develop income opportunities to ensure NDAWA has the resources required to fulfil its mission.
- Strengthen and invest in internal systems and staff to ensure long-lasting success.
- Manage and lead NDAWA staff, providing support and guidance as required.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a comprehensive CV and a supporting statement of no more than two pages of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your application fully addresses the criteria in the person specification. Women’s Aid is committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity.
Should you be called for interview, we would also be grateful if you could let us know if you will require any special provision as a result of any disability.
Finally, please ensure that you have included mobile, work and home telephone numbers, as well as any dates when you will not be available.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the Board.
The successful appointment is subject to satisfactory written references.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact email@example.com